My greatest passion in life is responding to the invitiation from God to participate in a small way for the restoration of all things. Ever since I was confronted with the reality that God desires to restore my brokenness and that of everyone/thing else I have not been able to do anything else with my life.
I am the President of Fresh Vine – who provides software to help nonprofit organizations engage their communities better with the hope of restoration. I am also on staff with Christian Associates International, along with my wife, as we move towards planting a church in France so we can get our hands in on this first hand.
This blog is focused on improving ministry/life with tech, beautifully designed things, along with some insights from my missional, and startup/entrepreneurial life. You can expect a few posts each week. Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss anything.
Bullet Point Life Details
- Founder of Urban Monasticism with a few others.
- Founder and President of a software company call Fresh Vine
- On staff as an upcoming Church Planter/Pastor with an amazing European Church Planting organization called Communitas International.
- Did a year overseas in Toulouse, France with Agape France and have spent time in Beijing as well,
- I founded Midwest Skier in 1998 and over 8 years we create a thriving online community, 2 action sport films, 4 freeskiing events, and a bunch more.
- Helped plant and grow one of the fastest growing and largest churches in Minnesota – Substance Church (don’t go there)
- In college I was a server at a Mexican resturant, Residency Hall Advisor, and software engineer – each had their high points.
- Masters of Divinity Magna Cum Laude (focused on Communications and Preaching) from Bethel Seminary
- Bachelors of Science from the University of Wisconsin campus at Stout
- Majored in Service Management – a hybrid psychology and business degree
- Minor in Fine Arts (Multi-Media Design)
- Got my start in all this learning at Eden Prairie High School. Same city where Mall Rats was filmed.
Passions and Fun
- I love spending time with my wife and our awesome cat
- Maximus Decimus Meridius – who spends too much time looking out our windows on those walking past.
- In a previous life I was an accomplished skier (freestyle) and nothing is better than riding a half-pipe or tearing up a mountain.
- I jump at opportunities to go to a new museum, the theater, and independent films.
- I love camping and the outdoors though the last few years have not given me enough time for either.
For the Sake of Being Quirky
- I have a healthy distrust of nearly all condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish, etc)
- When I’m not in a serious conversation I tend to bend the truth in what I believe are ridiculous and obvious ways.
- I used to regularly jump 60+ foot jumps on skis while at the same time being scared of heights. I don’t get it either.
Paris | Minneapolis | Toulouse | Menomonie, WI | Eden Prairie, MN
2016 – Present | 2016 – 2007 | 2006 – 2005 | 2007 – 2006, 2005 – 2003 | 2003 – 1984